THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS.
Halloween time is for family and movies! One of my favorite October traditions is sitting down with a hot cup of apple cider, some fresh popcorn and binge-watching the best Halloween movies! I’ve always been a kid at heart, scary movies and I don’t get along. Because of that, this list of twenty-five movies is the very best for you and the family!
Family-friendly movies have a special place in the heart. Whoever you call family, know that this will be a night of spooky fun! Grab your favorite Haloween treat, and get comfortable, here come the best Halloween movies, in no particular order! (I tried putting them in order, that didn’t work at all)
The 25 Best Halloween Movies
1. Bettlejuice (1988) – The movie that introduced me to Tim Burton and a forever favorite. The dinner scene gets me every time!
2. The Addams Family (1991) – No wrongdoing here. Wednesday is my favorite character. I even named my dog after her.
3. CASPER (1995)
4. FRANKENWEENIE (2012)
5. MATILDA (1996)
6. The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) – Watch this classic from October – December! A true holiday film.
7. Hocus Pocus (1993) – Don’t get too excited. Hocus Pocus 2 will be a TV show, without the original cast. Bummer.
8. CORPSE BRIDE (2005)
9. The Witches (1990) – Bruno is my hero, I wish I could eat cakes like that.
10. CORALINE (2009)
11. The Craft (1996) – Feeling teenage angsty? Check! Creepy and one for the older Halloween fans.
12. THE HAUNTED MANSION (2003)
13. Coco (2017) – I’m not crying, you’re crying!
14. HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA SERIES (2012-2018)
15. The Ghostbusters Series (1984-1989) – Talk about classics! Did you know that Dan Aykroyd, aka Ray Stantz, wrote these films?
16. IT’S THE GREAT PUMPKIN CHARLIE BROWN (1966)
17. PARANORMAN (2012)
18. Practical Magic (1998) – Witchy with a side of romance. Girls night!
19. Harry Potter Series (2001-2011) – Halloween perfection, heck, it’s perfect year-round.
20. HALLOWEENTOWN (1998)
21. E.T. the Extra Terrestrial (1982) – Tear-jerker city! Can you believe it’s the fourth highest grossing movie of all time?!
22. TEEN WOLF (1985)
23. Edward Scissorhands (1990) – A real favorite for all the hairstylists out there!
24. MONSTER HOUSE (2006)
Possible to watch all twenty-five movies in one night? Most likely not. (Please let me know if this does happen.) Hosting weekly movie nights in October is a great way to check off the best movies of Halloween. Pajamas, hot apple cider, and your favorite trick, or treat. What could be better?!
Have I missed anything? I want to know if your best family movies aren’t on this list. Halloween is a favorite around these parts. Disregarding a movie wouldn’t be right! Leave me a comment below!